As the largest credit union in Western New York with over 48,000 members, we’re focused on offering better rates and lower fees than traditional financial institutions. Our members benefit from no-fee debit cards, 43,000+ surcharge-free ATMs, free checking, free on-line banking and free mobile banking. Our five locations include Lockport (2), Middlpeort, North Tonawanda and our newest location in Niagara Falls on Witmer Road. All are conveniently located to better serve our community.
To control losses to the credit union by ensuring the payments of loans according to schedule while providing the appropriate level of service to the member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make personal contact as necessary and take appropriate action to arrange a satisfactory settlement of delinquent loans, VISA, and negative shares.
- Shall determine that guarantors or co-signers on delinquent accounts are promptly notified and continually notified of the status of a delinquent account.
- Consult with members requesting extension of loan payments and fill in required form for Vice-President of Lending, Senior Loan Officer or Loan Officer.
- Provide information on delinquent accounts to authorized persons. Works closely with local financial institutions in the collection of accounts.
- Responsible for periodically analyzing accounts “flagged” problem accounts to determine if change in status is warranted and recommendations for loan officer.
- Monitor member’s continued eligibility for continued credit lines, VISAs, Share Draft privileges, Share Draft Overdraft Protection, and EFT access.
- Determine proper execution of loan documentation affecting loan collectability.
- Complete Consumer Dispute Verifications.
- Post delinquent payments on loans, VISA and negative share accounts and transfer payments from shares to delinquent loans and VISA accounts when deemed necessary.
- Recommend legal action on delinquent accounts and repossessions to the collection manager.
- Make recommendation of accounts to be charged off to the Collection Manager. • Responsible for skip tracing and attempting to locate new or alternate location information for delinquent members
- Train other staff members
- Has a thorough knowledge of products and services and educates members of their availability
- Employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive Credit Union, member, employee and proprietary information both during and after their employment with the Credit Union. If an employee has a question about the confidentiality of a particular matter, they should consult their supervisor. Any violation of this rule shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Bondable upon initial employment, and continue to be bondable throughout term of employment.
- Adhere to safe work practices and procedures.
- Be neat, punctual and professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Always represent the best interests of the Credit Union in words and actions.
- Complete all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to counsel members on their financial problems.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Credit Union Lending Policies and Collection Policies and Procedures, as well as general knowledge of other departments.
- Has a thorough knowledge of interest rates and dividends, how they are computed and disclosed, and is capable of discussing this with the member.
- Employee must be able to communicate effectively (verbally & in writing) and edit grammatically correct written reports, letters, memorandums, etc.
- Employee must possess mental alertness, punctuality and neatness in appearance.
- Employee must maintain a cooperative attitude with other employees and help to maintain the friendliest atmosphere possible in the credit union office.
- Must strive to render the best possible service to all the membership.
- Must keep current with basic knowledge of all credit union programs, and must thoroughly cross-sell all credit union products at every available opportunity.
- Must become a graduate of the Service Plus program, and provide consistent high-quality and memorable service as outlined in the curriculum.
- The ability to properly receive members, either by telephone or in person.
- Employee will follow any instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required by management.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, members and vendors.
ERGONOMIC REQUIREMENTS: The functions of the position usually performed sitting, but may require some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator, cutting, labeling and taping involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.
- High school Diploma or G.E.D, some college preferred.
- Minimum of three years of credit union experience, banking experience or experience in a closely related field.
This position will work directly with the CFO in creating, producing, and interpreting reports that measure key financial indicators for management. This would include product profitability, interest rate analysis, balance sheet risks, competitive analysis and any other areas of management interest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with the CFO to create and produce reports monitoring performance compared to budget
• Gathers all information and analyzing it for quarterly concentration risk reporting
• Maintains, creates and produces reports on CCFCU vs peer group performance
• Creates quarterly reporting and profitability of CU products
• Gathers and synthesizes local market rates for both loan and deposit products
• Builds executive and operational dashboards and maintains data accuracy
• Reviews the profitability for indirect dealerships
• Gathers and submits the required quarterly information for Interest Rate Risk reporting
• In partnership with the CFO, creates and produces monthly ALCO reports
• Participates in the budget and forecast process
• Assists with audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors and analyzing data. Collaborates with internal team and external auditors to ensure successful audit results
• Updates departmental financial reports throughout the Credit Union, working closely with each departmental manager
• Identifies trends and issues and notifies upper management to ensure quality financial results
• Prepares presentations for management and participates in ad hoc projects as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or BA in Finance or Economics (Master’s or MBA preferred)
- 2+ years of experience as an analyst in the financial services industry
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Must have a strong understanding of Finance and Economics
• Must have familiarity working with large datasets
• Strong understanding of corporate finance, financial returns analysis, and company capitalization structures
• Understanding of balance sheet and cash flow modeling including sweeping excess cash
• An entrepreneurial mindset and the maturity to work independently and manage complex situations
• Understanding of, and experience with, the operating requirements of non-for profit business during growth phases
• Proven and demonstrable analytical capabilities, experience in conducting research, advanced fundamental level of finance and accounting, and ability to extract relevant data points from imperfect sets of information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support the creation of presentations, briefings, due diligence findings etc.
• Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms while presenting key metrics to senior leadership, Board, investors, and lenders
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Maintains the confidentiality of all sensitive Credit Union, member, employee and proprietary information both during and after their employment with the Credit Union
• Bondable upon initial employment and continue to be bondable throughout term of employment
The functions of the position usually performed sitting, but may require some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator, cutting, labeling and taping involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.