As the largest credit union in Western New York with over 48,000 members, we’re focused on offering better rates and lower fees than traditional financial institutions. Our members benefit from no-fee debit cards, 43,000+ surcharge-free ATMs, free checking, free on-line banking and free mobile banking. Our five locations include Lockport (2), Middlpeort, North Tonawanda and our newest location in Niagara Falls on Witmer Road. All are conveniently located to better serve our community.
Rate: $21.04 per hour
Depending on operational demands, the Traveling Branch Float will provide back up support to various areas within the credit union, including, Member Service, Share Draft, Teller, Member Tele-Service, Receptionist, Switchboard, ATM and Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Handle member account transactions including, but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, loan transactions, funds transfers, sale of money orders, gift cards, travel money cards, amusement park tickets and teller checks.
· Maintain cash box at a predetermined dollar level. Employee should be accurate in handling cash and recording daily transactions.
· Maintain constant recognition of the vulnerability of handling cash; periodically review security procedures and maintain high awareness of actions to take during and after a criminal attack or other emergency.
· Alert unusual circumstances and exceptional cases to Head Teller or Branch Head Teller’s attention to obtain approval for proper disposition.
· Assist in keeping address changes up-to-date.
· Responsible for processing required government reporting.
· Open new accounts, including but not limited to: new member accounts; share drafts; share certificates; IRA accounts, direct deposits business accounts and HSA accounts. File maintenance on above items.
· Process membership/ATM card orders and PIN requests. Perform various ATM duties as needed.
· Explain and educate member regarding the Overdraft Privilege Program and maintains necessary paperwork per member request.
· Process CURTIS/OASIS PIN requests.
· Investigate and initiate correction of member complaints and/or errors.
· Responsible for stop payments, certifying checks, checks by collection, ordering shared raft copies, counter checks and processing “Letters of Protest”
· Perform Front Desk duties as required.
· Make sure daily mail is posted and ready for drop-off before leaving each day.
· Provide, in person or by telephone, routine information concerning credit union services or policy, including: what is a credit union; eligibility for membership; how to apply for membership; type of accounts available; insurance coverage on shares and loans; Interest rates charged on loans; how we compute interest rates on loans; how we compute dividends on shares; how to start, stop or change a payroll deduction; the location of the offices; office hours and telephone numbers.
· Process of U. S. Savings Bonds.
· Process files related to death claims.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Degree Required, Associates degree preferred.
· 1-3 years of member service experience
· 4+ years of cash handling experience or 2 years as a teller
· Experience within the financial services industry strongly preferred
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Maintains the confidentiality of all sensitive Credit Union, member, employee and proprietary information both during and after their employment with the Credit Union
· Bondable upon initial employment and continue to be bondable throughout term of employment
· Must keep current with basic knowledge of all credit union programs and must thoroughly cross-sell all credit union products at every available opportunity.
· Has a thorough knowledge of products and services and educates members of their availability
· Has a thorough knowledge of interest rates and dividends, how they are computed and disclosed, and can discuss this with the member
· Provides consistent high-quality and memorable service to our members
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including word and excel
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and edit grammatically correct written reports, letters, memorandums, etc.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, members and vendors
· Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to member issues
· Desire to build strong relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
· Self-motivated, confident, and ability to multitask effectively
The functions of the position usually performed sitting but may require some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator, cutting, labeling and taping involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.
Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology and Systems, administer, manage and maintain the Credit Union’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), servers, desktop workstations, printers and additional technologies associated with both software and hardware within the network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
Responsible for developing, supporting, deploying, monitoring, maintaining, testing, documenting, and extending or modifying a multi-node data network, and all workstations, servers, gateways, and printers attached to the network.
Responsible for the daily operational processes and procedures. • Consult with users, including technical support, training, instruction and need for upgrades or modifications for hardware, software and network systems as needed.
Provide support in keeping the network operational 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. •
Responsible for repairs to the network when the system performance drops below standard operating levels. Troubleshoot network problems including those related to WAN circuits and TCP/IP routing topologies, ensuring corrections are made.
Maintain hardware and software including: diagnosis and repair of malfunctioning systems, update of obsolete systems, and preventive measures (backup systems, virus control, etc.)
Assist in consulting with third party application programmers, systems staff and operations staff in research of technical information to resolve or clarify technical issues pertaining to system software.
Participate in maintaining current system software by performing system upgrades, refitting, user-mods, and modifying other system programs to achieve acceptable performance standards.
In conjunction with the Director of Information Technology and Systems, participates in the planning, evaluation and recommendation of new software products and/or upgrades to achieve Credit Union Strategic objectives.
Participate in the development of standards, training and applications for operations staff, concerning the use of system software products required to support Credit Union objectives. •
Provide periodic reporting on system performance, statistics and activities by written and oral communication to Senior Management.
Maintain knowledge of current computer technologies relevant to the changing Credit Union environment through pertinent updates, bulletins and newsletters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES •
Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012 or later)
Demonstrated understanding of network systems (OSI model), router systems, switches, and network infrastructure
Demonstrated experience deploying and managing Windows servers (physical and/or virtual) • Experience deploying and maintaining networking equipment such as firewalls, access points, routers, switches, etc.
Ability to focus, evaluate issues, and define mitigation and communication plans in the event of system outages
Demonstrated experience installing and maintaining enterprise-level and standard workstation software
Ability to methodically troubleshoot infrastructure issues and business software issues
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (or related business field) with at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Associate’s Degree in Information Systems (or related business field) with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft environment including: Microsoft Windows, Server, SQL, Exchange, and Office.
Extensive working knowledge of networking infrastructure including routers and switches.