As the largest credit union in Western New York with over 48,000 members, we’re focused on offering better rates and lower fees than traditional financial institutions. Our members benefit from no-fee debit cards, 43,000+ surcharge-free ATMs, free checking, free on-line banking and free mobile banking. Our five locations include Lockport (2), Middlpeort, North Tonawanda and our newest location in Niagara Falls on Witmer Road. All are conveniently located to better serve our community.
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for being the subject matter expert for all payroll and benefit related functions.
The Benefits and Payroll Administrator will play an active role in administration, auditing and handling items connected to payroll and benefits including but not limited to employee benefits, weekly payroll and timesheets, paycheck calculations, 401-k, COBRA, etc. The role will also regularly interact with external resources such as benefits carriers and benefits broker as well as other members of the HR team, Finance team, and company employees and managers. Therefore, a high level of customer service, professionalism, and team work is required of this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Processes weekly payroll for entire organization
· Verifies payroll correctness and distributes paychecks
· Processes garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verifications, third party sick pay and worker compensation reports
· Coordinates, processes and verifies payroll data regarding employee life cycle including new hires, promotions, transfers, pay-rate changes and terminations
· Manages system updates, processes and functionality of ADP payroll system
· Assists in the facilitation of Open Enrollment annually including designing and leading employee meetings
· Administers benefits and employee insurance plans: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, FSA, STD, LTD, PFL, COBRA, and 401(k) plans
· Calculates employee deductions and track PTO/Vacation/Float Time
· Reviews and reconciles monthly benefit premiums and prepare documentation for payment by Accounting
· Performs several reconciliations including but not limited to benefit invoices, 401k and payroll to assist Finance with reconciling variances and/or fluctuations to the general ledger
· Creates and posts journal entries for payroll and benefits
· Recommends and assists in implementing necessary changes to benefits & payroll procedure and policy
· Performs routine audits of all HR data, ensuring accuracy and integrity in all data targeted for both internal and external sources
· Files monthly payroll taxes and conduct monthly payroll audits
· Ensures all payroll related filings are processed such as annual W-2’s and 1099’s
· Administers the defined contribution benefit plan (401(k) Plan), annual filing of the Form 5500 and annual review of 401K benefit plan
· Records all and report employee incidents to workers compensation insurance company and member incidents to auditing. Responsible for the administration of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Liaison and primary contact with benefit providers, to assure proper performance and administration of all payroll and benefit programs
· Prepares, audits relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
· Supports all internal and external audits related to payroll
· Responds in a timely manner to employee and manager questions regarding payroll and benefits
· Prepares management reports as requested, as well as timely preparation of other reports necessary to conduct business.
· Ensures payroll and benefit plans compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local tax laws
· Assures payroll reporting requirements are followed by employees and proper company procedures are adhered to
· Keeps management well-informed of current activities and significant issues
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related field is preferred but not required.
· Strong working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now with at least two years’ experience with ADP.
· 3+ years' experience using ADP or other payroll/time and attendance tracking systems are required.
· 3+ years' experience accounting, payroll and benefits administration is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Strong understanding of all Human Resource laws, policies, and procedures.
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals and vendors.
· Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive HR and credit union issues.
· Ability to work closely with a variety of personalities and maintain calm under pressure.
· Ability to learn and master new software.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Federal/State legislation regarding payroll reporting and employment standards.
· Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information and accurate data entry skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot system errors.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Discreet, able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately. High level of integrity.
Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union is currnetly seeking a VISA Coordinator. This is a full time postion for 35 hours per week with full benefits. The rate of pay is $20.62 per hour. The job responsibilties and requirements are as follows.
• Key new accounts from approved cardholder applications, perform all increase/decrease requests,
process all file maintenance and mailings.
• Key declined applications and all required data into Issuers Clearing House and monitor reports.
• Post monetary transactions, as well as handle all adjustments and corrections.
• Balance monetary activity from Processor’s settlement reports and input all accounting entries to general ledger.
• Responsible for investigating and correcting errors on member’s accounts and all file maintenance, including but not limited to all types of blocks.
• Receive and record lost/stolen reports, monitors for fraudulent activity
• Perform charge-offs as directed by the Collection Department.
• Responsible for timely reviewing and filing of Visa reports.
• Review Processor and VISA billings and submit general ledger entries.
• Transfer credit balances to share accounts.
• Address and/or resolve all card holder inquiries and billing disputes.
• Monitor all updates and bulletins received from processor and VISA
• Has a thorough knowledge of products and services and educates members of their availability
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Has a thorough knowledge and comprehension of the VISA Program and be willing to accept the responsibilities.
• Has a thorough knowledge of interest rates and dividends, how they are computed and disclosed, and is capable of discussing this with the member.
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
• High school Diploma or G.E.D, some college preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of credit union experience, banking experience. or experience in a related field.
Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology and Systems, administer, manage and maintain the Credit Union’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), servers, desktop workstations, printers and additional technologies associated with both software and hardware within the network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
Responsible for developing, supporting, deploying, monitoring, maintaining, testing, documenting, and extending or modifying a multi-node data network, and all workstations, servers, gateways, and printers attached to the network.
Responsible for the daily operational processes and procedures. • Consult with users, including technical support, training, instruction and need for upgrades or modifications for hardware, software and network systems as needed.
Provide support in keeping the network operational 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. •
Responsible for repairs to the network when the system performance drops below standard operating levels. Troubleshoot network problems including those related to WAN circuits and TCP/IP routing topologies, ensuring corrections are made.
Maintain hardware and software including: diagnosis and repair of malfunctioning systems, update of obsolete systems, and preventive measures (backup systems, virus control, etc.)
Assist in consulting with third party application programmers, systems staff and operations staff in research of technical information to resolve or clarify technical issues pertaining to system software.
Participate in maintaining current system software by performing system upgrades, refitting, user-mods, and modifying other system programs to achieve acceptable performance standards.
In conjunction with the Director of Information Technology and Systems, participates in the planning, evaluation and recommendation of new software products and/or upgrades to achieve Credit Union Strategic objectives.
Participate in the development of standards, training and applications for operations staff, concerning the use of system software products required to support Credit Union objectives. •
Provide periodic reporting on system performance, statistics and activities by written and oral communication to Senior Management.
Maintain knowledge of current computer technologies relevant to the changing Credit Union environment through pertinent updates, bulletins and newsletters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES •
Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012 or later)
Demonstrated understanding of network systems (OSI model), router systems, switches, and network infrastructure
Demonstrated experience deploying and managing Windows servers (physical and/or virtual) • Experience deploying and maintaining networking equipment such as firewalls, access points, routers, switches, etc.
Ability to focus, evaluate issues, and define mitigation and communication plans in the event of system outages
Demonstrated experience installing and maintaining enterprise-level and standard workstation software
Ability to methodically troubleshoot infrastructure issues and business software issues
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (or related business field) with at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Associate’s Degree in Information Systems (or related business field) with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft environment including: Microsoft Windows, Server, SQL, Exchange, and Office.
Extensive working knowledge of networking infrastructure including routers and switches.