As the largest credit union in Western New York with over 48,000 members, we’re focused on offering better rates and lower fees than traditional financial institutions. Our members benefit from no-fee debit cards, 43,000+ surcharge-free ATMs, free checking, free on-line banking and free mobile banking. Our five locations include Lockport (2), Middlpeort, North Tonawanda and our newest location in Niagara Falls on Witmer Road. All are conveniently located to better serve our community.
The largest Credit Union in Western New York is looking for College Students who want to get financial services experience over the summer break (End of May – Mid- August)! We are looking for students who would like to work 30-35 hours per week as Tellers and within our Member Services Department. This is a great opportunity for those who want to understand more about how Credit Unions (financial institutions) operate the basics of accounting and to build their resume for when they graduate!
If you have any questions about this role or would like to discuss further, please reach out to Julia Booker in Human Resources at Cornerstone at 716-434-4032.
Who we are
Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union is currently looking for a seasoned financial leader with 10+ years of financial experience to join our growing organization. Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union started in 1957 serving the employees of Harrison Radiator, a Division of General Motors. Since then, Cornerstone has grown to be the largest Credit Union in Western New York, serving more than 48,000 members at 5 Branch Locations across Niagara County. Loyal membership has given Cornerstone a solid reputation for personal service and for providing the best financial value possible. Through the years Cornerstone has never lost sight of what is important – taking care of people. We truly are a people focused organization that is community based and member driven.
As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will have the overall responsibility for the financial operations of the Credit Union and will play a critical role in developing and implementing Cornerstone’s financial strategy. The Chief Financial Officer will maintain and protect the integrity of the organization’s fiscal policies and practices while ensuring compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. The incumbent will ensure financial stability and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interest of the members, the employees, and the credit union.
The CFO will also participate in shaping strategies and setting the direction for the Credit Union beyond its financial structures. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the Credit Union, in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the finance/audit committee of the board.
· Lead and direct the execution of all Cornerstone financial strategies and operations including: accounting and reporting, working capital, capital expenditures, debt management, cash management, investments, tax, audit, and budgeting. Ensures accuracy, compliance and alignment with Cornerstone’s goals.
· Ensure accounting, financial management and reporting is compliant with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all IRS rules and regulations, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulatory requirements as they pertain to CCFCU.
· Manage an investment portfolio that provides liquidity and safety while optimizing earnings. Makes recommendations for investing excess cash. Facilitates investment transactions and provides detailed monthly reporting.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic team player that has strong financial acumen with a rich history in the financial services industry leading teams and growing organizations.
Specifically, we are interested in hearing from you if you have:
· 10+ years of progressive senior leadership experience in a financial services institution with an emphasis on accounting and finance and a background that includes provision of strategic guidance regarding modeling for interest risk rate, budgeting and forecasting, and profitability.
· Deposit portfolio management experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field. MBA a plus.
· Career history must demonstrate at least 5 years professional experience leading and fostering a high performance team and managing professional and support staff involved in a complex, diverse program area
· CPA strongly preferred.
· Commercial Loan underwriting experience preferred.
Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Vet